Currently Being ModeratedOct 14, 2013 7:25 AM (in response to Matt Luebke)
We are having the same issue in our school district as well. The Mac Lab Teachers are getting really agitated about it. Has anyone found any better solutions? We've tried various workarounds (other than rolling versions back because we don't have any copy of 3.5.1).
Apple has something seriously broken here and we really don't want to pay $6000 for a 1 year enterprise support contract with Apple.
Also, we have one lab that is using 10.7 still and ARD 3.6.2 and they are working fine! Only the labs that were upgraded to 10.8 are having the issue with ARD 3.6.2.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 14, 2013 9:18 AM (in response to knotquiteawake)
I ended up buying ARD 3.3 Unlimited clients from Amazon for about $50.00.
They were available on Ebay as well. Took some doing to remove the "newer" version which did not work at all.
You can then upgrade to 3.5.1 via an Apple download,
My problem is solved at least until the next "upgrade"
Currently Being ModeratedOct 14, 2013 1:40 PM (in response to Matt Luebke)
what a pain, buying old software to fix the new software. Here is what I'm working on to work around it for now.
So far in small scale its worked perfectly.
Here is what I'm trying to setup (hopefully it doesn't confuse the teacher or student too much):
1. Install Vine Server 4.01 on the teacher's computer.
2. Setup Vine Server to allow multiple connections, and disable Keyboard, Mouse, and Clipboard input from incoming connections.
3. Turn on the Vine Server.
4. Create a desktop shortcut to use Apples VNC Client with the IP address of the Teacher's computer.
5. When student's click on this they will connect to the teacher's screen but not be able to control, only observe.
6. Teacher can disable the Student's access simply by turning the Vine Server back off.
So far in small scale with 5 computers its worked well (Better than ARD at least!). Not sure how its going to do with a class of 27 computers. We DO have gigabit ethernet.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 24, 2013 8:32 AM (in response to knotquiteawake)
Has anyone checked out ARD 3.7 yet? Just wondering if anyone has updated all their clients and admin with this ARD 3.7 update? Did it help at all?