HT5731: iTunes Store: Download options when purchasing TV seasons, Season Passes, Multi-Passes, movie bundles, music box sets, or individual movies or TV episodesLearn about iTunes Store: Download options when purchasing TV seasons, Season Passes, Multi-Passes, movie bundles, music box sets, or individual movies or TV episodes
Currently Being ModeratedMay 3, 2013 8:05 PM (in response to cmacster)
You don't need to delete TV Shows for iCloud if you are worried about the storage. Why would you want to delete them?
What is backed up
You get unlimited free storage for:
- Purchased music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books
Notes: Backup of purchased music is not available in all countries. Backups of purchased movies and TV shows are U.S. only. Previous purchases may not be restored if they are no longer in the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBookstore.
Some previously purchased movies may not be available in iTunes in the Cloud. These movies will indicate that they are not available in iTunes in the Cloud on their product details page in the iTunes Store. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBookstore.
Currently Being ModeratedMay 7, 2013 6:02 PM (in response to cmacster)
I too have been trying to do this for YEARS. It really is just as simple as hitting delete and not trying to drag it to trash!! THIS WORKS!!
How to Delete Content from iTunesBy Tony Bove from iPod and iTunes For Dummies, 7th Edition
Deleting songs from iTunes might seem counterproductive when you’re trying to build your iTunes library, but sometimes you'll find a good reason to delete a song or two. For example, you may want to delete
- Versions of songs: You might have ripped a CD twice — say, once in AIFF format to burn the songs onto another CD and once in AAC format for your library and iPod. You can delete the AIFF versions in your library after burning your CD.
- Songs from playlists: You can delete songs from playlists yet keep the songs in your library. When you delete a song from a playlist, the song is simply deleted from the list — not from the library. You can delete entire playlists, as well, without harming the songs in the library.
- Any podcast, video, audio book, or movie that you've listened to or watched and no longer want to keep: You can select any content item and remove it from your iTunes library. You then have a choice of keeping the item’s file on your hard drive in the same folder, or transferring it to the Trash (on a Mac) or Recycle Bin (on a Windows PC) to delete it entirely.
- Select the media type.You can select Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, iTunes U, Audiobooks, Applications, Ringtones, or Radio.
- Select the item.Or you can select an artist for the artist’s entire oeuvre, or an album to select the entire album.
- Press Delete/Backspace (or choose Edit→Delete) to delete.
You can select a single TV show episode and then choose Edit→Delete All to delete all episodes. Also, you can select a single episode of a podcast and then choose Edit→Delete All to delete all episodes but keep the podcast itself so that you are still subscribed to the podcast.
Currently Being ModeratedMay 7, 2013 6:44 PM (in response to Janet626)
This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with deleting anything from the iPad and the OP is asking how to delete TV Shows from iCloud. Once again, you don't have to delete anything from iCloud. Just delete it from the device and don't download it again.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 20, 2013 10:30 AM (in response to cmacster)
I do not want to see every tv show available to me from the cloud on my ipad.
I dont want to wade through a bunch of tv shows I have already watched. How can i remove them from my ipad view?
Currently Being ModeratedSep 21, 2013 1:07 PM (in response to cmacster)
I have the same problem (too much clutter in my purchased list) due to some free episodes i downloaded, so the only solution to remove (or rather hide) tv episodes / movies / songs / apps from iCloud is to go to iTunes (unfortunately) and from purchased hover and press the x icon, there is also a way to go and see all hidden purchased,
Read more in the next link:
Hope this helps
Currently Being ModeratedSep 29, 2013 12:35 PM (in response to msm1234)
Go to Settings>itunes&Apps and turn off "Show All".
Currently Being ModeratedOct 27, 2013 2:51 PM (in response to pputnam)
Thanks! Just goes to show the best answer is often the simplest!