Skip navigation

IOS 7 app store update list does not clear after updates have been installed

51973 Views 94 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2014 9:53 AM by morpheusx2 RSS Branched to a new discussion.
  • Chris86303 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    They might disappear for you in 7 or 8 days but I had two that were stuck there since the day ios7 was announced and I loaded it my iPad 4..  9/18/13.

     

    The only way I could get rid of them was to roll the date out past 15 days and they finally disappeared.  That 15 days was from just 2 to 3 days ago when I found this thread and the only viable solution I've found.

     

    So that means they wouldn't have cleared on my machine until 10/18/13 or one month after they were stuck there.. that is if they would have disappeared on their own.

  • Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (37,465 points)

    bondr006 wrote:

     

    See, that's. Just the thing Meg. When you go to update your apps, you have to look at that list whether you want to or not.

    Yup, for the 10 or fiften seconds it takes to review the list. I can't see all of the list without actively scrolling down. I'm not trying to argue with you about a legitimate personal preference. It just happens to be one with which I do not empathize. Again, thanks for your explanation.

     

    Best of luck.

  • bondr006 Calculating status...

    Well, apparently quite a few people in this discussion have the same preference As I do. And if you do a quick google search on the subject, you'll find that it's quite the issue. In fact, iOS 7 has quite a list of buggers to fix. This is just one of the smaller ones.

  • Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (37,465 points)

    bondr006 wrote:

     

    In fact, iOS 7 has quite a list of buggers to fix. This is just one of the smaller ones.

    If it is a design choice on the part of Apple, it is not a bug. It's just something you don't like.

  • bondr006 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Sorry Meg, but I disagree. It was something that was not broken in the first place that is now broken. Call it a design flaw or whatever you want, but it is bugging a lot of people....therefore it is a bug. It is also not affecting every device in the same way. On my iPad, the list is not persistant. After the updates, the list goes away like it did in iOS 6. If it was designed to be in iOS7 then it is not consistant across all devices, and is therefore a flawed design. Whatever way you look at it, whether it was intentional or not....it is broken and needs to be either removed or fixed so the user can turn it off. Choice is a good thing.

  • Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (37,465 points)

    bondr006 wrote:

     

    It was something that was not broken in the first place that is now broken. Call it a design flaw or whatever you want, but it is bugging a lot of people....therefore it is a bug.

    A bug, in programming parlance, refers to an unintentional error. This is pretty obviously not. Again, the fact that you (or others) don't like it, doesn't make it a bug, a flaw or an error. It just means it's something that you don't like. Submit feedback.

  • Nelsonwd Calculating status...

    Thanks for posting the work around. This was driving me crazy.  Setting my date to 15 days in future worked for me.

  • annabelle Level 2 Level 2 (430 points)

    The funny part is that the updates show only on the iPhone

    On my ipad 2 everything is clean and clear like before after updating my apps.

    Why on the iPhone little screen   Should you have all this clutter?!

  • Tigervision Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Anyone who doesn't think this is ridiculous is out of their minds.  A simple on/off switch to show worthless past updates should be an easy choice at the minimum.

     

    Anway... I did the date thing and it worked great.  Mine did not fall off after 8 days... I had 4 that have been there since 9/20 through today (until I did the date thing).

     

    So for now.... I will review updates only on my phone (to see what is new).... then use my MBP to update them on itunes first and then sync them to my iphone 5.  Syncing/updating throught Itunes does not show past updates.  Therefore this is a bug.  And it needs to be fixed!

  • Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (37,465 points)

    Tigervision wrote:

     

    Anyone who doesn't think this is ridiculous is out of their minds. 

    I don't think it's ridiculous. In fact, I like it. I can my doctor attest to my sanity. Stating the people who don't agree with you are crazy is just a tad rude. I don't think you're crazy for wanting something different that I. I might point out , thouth, that a popular definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Complaining here over and over will accomplish nothing. Submit your feedback to Apple:

     

    http://www.apple.com/feedback

     

    The entries start to roll of eventually. I'm not sure yet whether it's after a certain amount of time or a certain number of entries. But, it is happening.

     

    Best of luck.

  • miostreams Calculating status...

    OK, so just a quick note.  Thanks for the tip on the 15 days, that worked.  Thanks also for the post after post after post from Meg St._Clair on the dictionary definition of a "bug".  Seriously though, that's not nearly as helpful as you might think it is.  Stating your opinion and a link to "feedback" once will be sufficient.  After that, you helped create 5 pages worth of cruft to sift through to find the answer to the question. at hand.  Further, you're just being argumentative with your response -- you are clearly outnumbered with regard to the feelings about this new "feature", and if you like it, that's great -- use your own feedback link and let Apple know how you feel.  Beyond that, if you're still feeling bored, read a book?

  • Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (37,465 points)

    miostreams wrote:

     

    OK, so just a quick note.  Thanks for the tip on the 15 days, that worked. 

    Glad it helped!

  • P.G. Shaw Calculating status...

    The list is not clearing on my iPad 3, iOS 7.0.2.  I was quite content with "All apps are up to date", which seemed abundantly clear.

  • braxtonp Calculating status...

    I agree, not all of the changes made with the iOS 7. were for the best. I don't like having the list there. I called Apple Care this am to ask how to clear the list once the updates have been made. The Rep advised me to try to reset my settings and if that doesn't work to delete and restore my apps again.WHAT??!! I am hoping that I misunderstood him. As much money as I paid for both the iPad and iPod touch, shouldn't Apple just provide a fix with yet another software update or is it just me? In my household we have a total of 5 Apple devices, so I would like Apple to fix the issue. The Rep that I was speaking to, just didn't get that and was kind of arguing with me(that's a first after several years of dealing with Apple). Give your customers options Apple. It seems like a lot of people don't like this new design and I think I saw 1person who was cool with it. So fix it or fix it with an option, whatever, I am just tired of looking at this ever growing list of updates :-(

  • wwjbd Calculating status...

    What makes it even more senseless for Apple to keep your recent updates listed is the fact that you can go to ANY app in the App Store, and scroll down to "Version History" to see what was changed in every update, EVER... It's literally the same exact description, word-for-word.

     

    And what makes it even MORE annoying is that if you tap "What's New" to expand the list of new features, they stay expanded until you go to the multitasking screen and quit the App Store app.

     

    So for instance, I have auto-update turned OFF... So if I'm notified about 3 new updates, I open the app, tap "What's New" on all 3 to read about the new features, then update them. But even after they're done updating, not only are they still listed, but they're still expanded (until you "quit" like I said earlier.)

     

    At least have a "See Less" or "Close" or something.

     

    -JB

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (3)

Legend

  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.