I recommend the following steps when you are getting Error 2 when trying to do an update or restore of your iPad:
Errors related to third-party security software
Error 2, 4 (or -4), 6, 1000, 9006
- Follow the steps to troubleshoot security software. Often, uninstalling third-party security software will resolve these errors.
- There may be third-party software that modifies your default packet size in Windows by inserting a TcpWindowSize entry into your registry. An incorrectly set default packet size can cause these errors. Contact the manufacturer of the software that installed the packet size modification for assistance or follow this article by Microsoft: How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Verify that access to ports 80 and 443 are allowed on your network.
- Verify that communication to albert.apple.com or phobos.apple.com isn't blocked by a firewall or other Internet security setting.
- Discard the .ipsw file, open iTunes and attempt to download the update again. See the steps under "Advanced steps > Rename, move, or delete the iOS software file (.ipsw)" below for file locations.
- Restore your device while connected to a different network.
- Restore using a different computer.
You can find the full article here:
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Thank you for the additional information. Due to the nature of your issue or question you may find more information by using another one of Apple's support resources - https://expresslane.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action
All the best,
Hi all the people,
I have an iPad 2 16GB 3G model n. a1396, I personally fixed the touch-screen (after a glass break) and iPad worked fine.
Then I tried to restore itself, because on iPad was installed iOS 4.x.!!.
The restore is impossible: I had tried every kind of security-tips on my iMac early-2008 2,8GHz/6GB/1TB/Radeon_HD2600PRO, I had tried on a black macBook, on a MacBook Pro 13" unibody-enclosure with a new Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard installation and finally on a PC Windows XP based (with a new Windows XP Corporate Edition installation).
I will never fix this error on my iPad??
I hope someone here can help me.
Thanks in advance
Mauro ju Macniaco
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points