Currently Being ModeratedOct 17, 2013 12:09 PM (in response to Liz1106)
Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.
If the audio volume is very low when using a headset, make sure you've tried all the steps from this article:
iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting
No sound through stereo headset
- Inspect the headset jack for debris and clean if necessary.
- Connect the headset and make sure the connector is pushed in all the way.
- Check the volume setting. Adjust the volume by pressing the volume up and down button on the left side of the iPhone.
- If you are trying to listen to music and cannot hear any audio, make sure that the music on iPhone is not paused. Try squeezing the headset microphone to resume playback. Additionally, from the Home screen you can choose iPod > Now Playing, then tap Play.
- Make sure the latest version of iTunes is installed on the computer that you are syncing the iPhone with (songs purchased from the iTunes Store using earlier versions of iTunes won't play).
- Try another Apple headset (some third-party headsets require an adapter to be used with original iPhone).
- Try a different song or video.
- Check to see if the iPhone alert sounds or other iPhone sound effects exhibit the same audio issues.
- Disconnect the headset from the iPhone and see if sound comes from the built-in speaker.
If sound doesn't come from the built-in speaker either, this article can help:
iPhone: No sound or distorted sound from speaker
All the best,