I just ran the updater.
It didn't make any difference - in the system report it still says
"No video capture devices found."
Is there some way of rolling back the camera drivers to an earlier state?
It worked before this.
1. You need Time Machine
2. Go to folder /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/
3. Copy AppleCamera.plugin to good place (usb memory stick is the best place).
4. Go to Time machine in date that skype work fine.
5. Change AppleCamera.plugin with file from Time Machine
6. Restart system, Now skype need to work with camera.
Or Just use this AppleCameraPlugin.zip
Info extracted from Skype Forums
Padraig1985 wrote: ... Is there some way of rolling back the camera drivers to an earlier state?...
Restart Mac, repair permissions, then use OS X Recovery to reinstall Mac OS X. Then use > Software Update… to verify that all your software is up to date. Install any needed updates and repair permissions one more time.
I followed the link given by Savyna and replaced the camer drivers.
This worked for me.I didn't need to reinstall the operating system,
but it's good to know how to do it in case I need to in the future.
Thanks to everyone who responded.