Currently Being ModeratedOct 24, 2013 1:09 PM (in response to Peter_725)
Sorry, no one here has any knowledge of what Apple is or is not working on, or what updates they may or may not release, or even what they have identified as a problem or not.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 24, 2013 1:20 PM (in response to Peter_725)
What battery problem?
My i4S runs for ~10 hours every day in iOS 7
Are you inside alot? Are you outside of the USA? Who is your provider?
The carrier alone can significantly impact battery life in a positive or negative way.
Weak Sprint signal and no wifi = 4 hour battery life
Strong signal + wifi = up to 14 hours of battery life
3 Austria (UTMS) with and without wifi had about the same battery life
11 hours was the best average I had while abroad.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 25, 2013 12:52 AM (in response to chattphotos)
I do not think that this has something with the career, because I put the phone into airplane mode and it was still under 6 hours... Which is far away from those 9-10 hours...
Currently Being ModeratedOct 25, 2013 9:22 AM (in response to Peter_725)
Peter, I asked for that information for a reason, it was so that I could get a baseline of what the phone battery life is supposed to be.
So, I ask again, Are you inside alot?
Are you in or outside of the USA?
Who is your provider?
The screen when on for extended times will reduce the battery life.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 30, 2013 2:23 AM (in response to 95bulls)
This does not help at all...
The true problem are some iOS processes that run even when not required. It can be fixed only from Apple. Inc.
If you use Carat - it will tell you that!
Currently Being ModeratedOct 30, 2013 8:37 AM (in response to Peter_725)
95bulls, your tip did not cover everything:
Peter, please try this guide
Remember, the iPhone is a computer, not PLC, (so it is working for you, not against you) you just have to tell it what you want it to do.
This is somewhat unofficial, but the iPhone seems to learn your usage habits based on location.
Battery life may vary if you traverse between multiple cities frequently.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 30, 2013 9:02 AM (in response to chattphotos)
The page was not found!
May I ask you a few questions:
- Do you have a Game Center profile activated ALL THE TIME?
- Do you have a Facebook profile activated ALL THE TIME (I mean from Settings Menu)
- What exactly did you turn ON in iCloud?
- Is your phone UNlocked?
- Do you have any MAIL accounts - Which exactly?
- What iOS version are you running?
- Is your iMessage turned ON?
- Do you have many notifications running?
- Do you use Automatic App Update?
I am trying to compare diffrences in order to make some sort of conclusion...
Currently Being ModeratedOct 30, 2013 9:43 AM (in response to Peter_725)
Ah nuts, the links were merged
Try them now:
1. I do not game on my iPhone
2. The FB app is sufficient, no need to integrate it.
3. Everything on my iCloud is on but photostream
4. SIM slot is unlocked, Phone is not encrypted/passcode locked (i need to change that though)
5. 2 Exchange accounts, 1 iCloud, 2 IMAP (5 total) All are on Fetch, not push.
6. I run iOS 7.0.3
7. iMessage + Facetime is activated, I use iM every day.
8. Notifications are limited to iM, Google Voice, Snapchat, Lookout, Meraki, FB messenger, Prey, Whatsapp
9. No auto updates
Currently Being ModeratedOct 30, 2013 10:00 AM (in response to chattphotos)
Thank you! I will try this combination and in about a week will tell the result!
Can you just tell me - an average battery rate that your phone last, so I can compare...
Thank you a lot!