Currently Being ModeratedOct 26, 2013 8:32 AM (in response to waldhaus1)
Thank you for providing the details of the issue you are experiencing with Find My Mac. According to the following article, even if you remove the device from Find My iPhone, it will reappear once online:
If your device goes online again later (and Find My iPhone is still turned on), it automatically reappears in Find My iPhone. If you still have access to the device, prevent it from reappearing by turning off Find My iPhone:
- On a Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click iCloud, then deselect Find My Mac.
I understand you no longer have access to the device to deselect Find My Mac, and the alternative is to change your Apple ID password:
- Ask the new owner to erase all content and settings as described above.
- If you are using iCloud and Find My iPhone on the device, you can erase the device remotely and remove it from your account by signing in to icloud.com/find, selecting the device, and clicking Erase. When the device has been erased, click Remove from Account.
- If you are unable to complete either of the above steps, you should change your Apple ID password. Changing your password won't remove any personal information that is cached on the device, but it will make sure that the new owner can't delete your information from iCloud.
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points