Currently Being ModeratedOct 23, 2013 4:43 AM (in response to BensonMacUser)
have you trie scanning the drives for errors
Currently Being ModeratedOct 23, 2013 5:42 AM (in response to iToaster)
Yes. I ended up creating a new user and then observing what preferences were created. These were all com.apple.xxx prefs. I then logged in with Root so I had access to both the original user/library/preferences and the new user and simply overwrote the original users prefs with all of these new prefs.
Of course, I had to reset all the user's preferences but a small price to pay.
This hit over 6 of my 14 users overall and at the same time. I wonder if a virus got on our system. I haven't seen the issue again. Thanks for replying.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 26, 2013 5:31 AM (in response to BensonMacUser)
i have exactly the same problem with my
Xserve3,1, Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Mac OS X (10.6.8), Xserve Intel Xeon, SAS-RAID 12 TB
and Mac OS X (10.6.8) Clients
Tried several things to fix that, without a solution.
Did you fix that problem now ?
Currently Being ModeratedOct 26, 2013 3:03 PM (in response to msamadmin)
What worked for me is written above your post.
1. Create a new user on your Mac.
2. Login to that user
3. Go to Users>Home Folder>Library>Preferences and note what core preferences are created. I did a screen capture using command-shift-4, space bar, then click on this preferences window. Print the screen capture.
4. Login to your origianl account. Go to users>Home Folder>Library>Preferences.
5. Delete all the prefs that match the ones on your printout.
6. They will be recreated. I think it might be the sidebar preference file but I am not positive. Just do them all.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 30, 2013 8:30 AM (in response to BensonMacUser)
thank you, that was a really good hint and solve the problem,
I figured out you have only to delete the com.apple.universalaccess.plist file.
After deleting this file the problem was fixed. (I deleted this file in previous mac os´s if
if have had problems, but i thought this is a osx-server problem not a client one.
So fare i know there is no setting in os changed after deleting this file.
I think from time to time this file becomes corrupted.
I think it will be a good idea to write a shout-down script that delete every shout down the com.apple.universalaccess.plist file, if the problem comes back.
There is Application named InfoPlistChecker that is a programmer's tool to look for errors and omissions in the ".plist" file that lives inside every Mac application program.