Currently Being ModeratedNov 1, 2013 7:15 PM (in response to carr1969)
No it has nothing to do with iCloud, it is to do with iMessage. What is most likely happening is that you both are using the same Apple ID for iMessage.
On both iPhones:
- go to settings>messages>send & receive
- tap on the Apple ID at the top and sign out
- go back to settings>messages
- turn iMessage off then back on
- IMessage should then activate with only with the number on the iPhone
After this is done see which one of you would like to use the Apple ID for iMessage and they can be the one to sign in.
Hope this helps