Currently Being ModeratedSep 29, 2013 5:00 PM (in response to jeff.egea)
From what I have seen on a number of other discussion sites there are a lot of people having this issue... It looks like Apple made some changes to the LDAP client. I hope they fix it and release it shortly as I have about 1400 users that will be impacted by this....
Currently Being ModeratedOct 2, 2013 6:32 PM (in response to Grymlock)
Hi, we have been facing same issue with LDAP search with IOS7. We use active directory LDAP server and this was working fine in IOS6, and still works in IOS6. I posted this on the following forum.. Hope Apple resolves this soon.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 17, 2013 1:31 AM (in response to Grymlock)
Got the same problem at my company. iPhones connect to LDAP (Active Directory) for company contacts. I have 2 iPhones - 1 with iOS 6 and 1 with 7. 6 works 7 doesnt. Gutted as this took me ages to get up and running. Has anyone heard anything back from Apple yet?
Currently Being ModeratedNov 7, 2013 3:05 PM (in response to Grymlock)
I have managed to make LDAP search work by doing the following, only for intranet use. I still can't make it work over the internet. I am still working on it now.
Delete the existing entry and add a fresh one.
Server : name of your ldap server (only the name or ip address, ldap. or domain name should NOT be specified)
User name : uid=user name, ou=container, dc=domain name,dc=com (continue if you have .au or other extensions)
When you click on save, click on ok for non SSL and continue with save settings.
You should be able to see under the search settings your domain name appearing automatically.
Give a restart to your device and check LDAP search in contacts, email. It should work.
Please let me know if you get through with LDAP search this way.
Only thing i have changed here from earlier settings is the username format. I used to key in user name as domainname\user name earlier.
Apple has still not got back with a solution.