Hello there, Charliano.
The following Knowledge Base article provides thorough steps for troubleshooting your issue:
Specifically if you're on a PC:
Troubleshoot issues in Windows
If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store for more than a day (and other customers on our discussion boards aren't experiencing similar issues) a software or Internet service provider (ISP) configuration issue may be blocking your access to the iTunes Store. Find out which ports and servers need to be allowed for iTunes Store access.
- Update iTunes to the latest version.
- If iTunes Store appears empty and only displays the message iTunes Store, follow these steps.
- Try the steps to troubleshoot iTunes Store connectivity in Windows.
- As with all firewalls not manufactured by Apple, you may need to configure Windows Firewall to allow iTunes to access the iTunes Store. Follow these steps for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
- Try disabling any proxies built-in to Wndows. You should avoid proxies because they can cause issues.
- If you're receiving a specific error message, follow these steps.
- If the issue still persists, contact your Internet service provider and confirm that these ports and servers are enabled over your network.
- You can find the hosts file at: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC.
- Select the hosts file. There should now be a duplicate of the hosts file named "Copy of hosts" (Windows XP) or "hosts-copy" (Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8).
- Drag the original hosts file to your desktop.
- Right-click the duplicate file and choose Open. You may be prompted to choose the program you want to use to open this file. Double-click Notepad.
- When Notepad opens, choose Edit > Select All.
- Choose Edit > Delete.
- Choose File > Save.
- Close Notepad.
- Right-click the duplicate file, and choose Rename.
- Type "hosts" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.
- Restart your computer and try connecting to the iTunes Store.
If you continue to be prompted to authorize your computer, you may want to review this article as well:
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points