1 75 76 77 78 79 Previous Next 1,507 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2014 7:58 PM by NRoitman Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • 1,140. Re: Pages 5 features checklist
    Hirschkorn Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Stick to the topic. If you just wanna attack someone for not thinking (or worshipping a corporation) the way you do, there are other ways of getting in touch with Peter, I presume.

  • 1,141. Re: Pages 5 features checklist
    pinkuff Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)

    Hirschkorn wrote:

     

    Stick to the topic. If you just wanna attack someone for not thinking (or worshipping a corporation) the way you do, there are other ways of getting in touch with Peter, I presume.

    Me? involuntary troll, I guess :-D

  • 1,142. Re: Pages 5 features checklist
    ion8 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Peter, thanks for your efforts, from which we hopefully - one fine day - will all benefit.

    Can elaborate a bit on this paragraph ?

     

    Also the sudden presence of Apple support staff here (the Black Bars) seems to be someone's idea of damage control. Unfortunately they seem to be reading from some knowledgebase articles and haven't much of a clue.

     

    I don't realy understand what you mean with this and I'm curious ... Thanks in advance.

  • 1,143. Re: Pages 5 features checklist
    j kfrommorgantown Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    This new pages *****.....

     

    Screwed up files from previous versions

    Loss of the Inspector function

    No vertical ruler?//// are you kidding????

     

     

    Is there no way to go back???

  • 1,144. Re: Pages 5 features checklist
    Tom Gewecke Level 9 Level 9 (71,715 points)

    ion8 wrote:

     

    Also the sudden presence of Apple support staff here (the Black Bars)

     

    The staff referred to has been working in most of the forums for a number of months and normally only appears  when a question has not been answered for a few days (which is probably rare in the Pages forum). They normally just provide help from published knowledgebase or help documents, and are called Community Specialists.

  • 1,145. Re: Pages 5 features checklist
    PeterBreis0807 Level 7 Level 7 (29,620 points)

    j kfrommorgantown wrote:

     

    This new pages *****.....

     

    Screwed up files from previous versions

    Loss of the Inspector function

    No vertical ruler?//// are you kidding????

     

     

    Is there no way to go back???

     

    Pages '09 should be in your Applications/iWork folder.

     

    Trash or archive Pages 5 and give a review/rating in the App Store.

     

    Peter

  • 1,146. Re: Pages 5 features checklist
    Jerrold Green1 Level 7 Level 7 (28,995 points)

    Tom Gewecke wrote:

    ...They normally just provide help from published knowledgebase or help documents, and are called Community Specialists.

    Tom,

     

    I'd like to know how they find those KB articles. I have a difficult time locating articles that I know are there. Is there a secret index that only they have access to?

     

    Or, am I just missing something. The search tool doesn't seem to work very well for me.

     

    Jerry

  • 1,147. Re: Pages 5 features checklist
    PeterBreis0807 Level 7 Level 7 (29,620 points)

    Tom

     

    They have suddenly appeared more regularly and are answering fresh questions, so I think Apple may be adding a bit more resources here. To what end I do not know. Probably some managers idea.

     

    Peter

  • 1,148. Re: Pages 5 features checklist
    Tom Gewecke Level 9 Level 9 (71,715 points)

    Jerrold Green1 wrote:

     

    Is there a secret index that only they have access to?

     

    I think that must be it.  I am constantly coming across articles accidentally that I should have been able to find by searching.   I think a year or two ago it worked pretty well, you could get a list of recently issued articles or everything in the Help on a certain topic, etc.  But now it is just chance....

  • 1,149. Re: Pages 5 features checklist
    PeterBreis0807 Level 7 Level 7 (29,620 points)

    The search tool has grown more and more erratic, especially for finding updater files. The software updates are a particularly badly designed set of pages. Someone's poorly thought through idea that visual is better.

     

    We can take some pride however that a good deal of the knowledge base is scavanged from our efforts here in the forum. However I get the feeling the Community Specialists are only acting as librarians and don't have much of an idea about the actual content itself.

     

    Peter

  • 1,150. Re: Pages 5 features checklist
    vitessa Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    The epub-export of Pages 5 produces an inacceptable file size:

     

    I tried different versions of Pages to export a Pages-document of 1 MB (a document with images and text) into an epub 2:

     

    Export from Pages 4.3. produces a file-size of 6,6 MB (that is larger than the export from Pages 4.2. because Pages 4.3 has a different handling of images when exporting to an epub). That was the reason why I still use Pages 4.2 for creating epubs

     

    Export of the same document via Pages 5 to an epub will create an epub-file with a file-size of more than 14 MB.

  • 1,151. Re: Pages 5 features checklist
    Tom Gewecke Level 9 Level 9 (71,715 points)

    PeterBreis0807 wrote:

     

    To what end I do not know. Probably some managers idea.

     

    I'm sure that is correct.  Someone somewhere is being evaluated according to a  metric of "un-responded-to questions", and has implemented a dynamic new program to minimize it....

  • 1,152. Re: Pages 5 features checklist
    PeterBreis0807 Level 7 Level 7 (29,620 points)

    The trouble is this flood of complaints from new Pages 5 users and updaters is drowning everything else.

     

    Pity the mangers don't seem to "research" how Apple's simplification is far from its stated goal of being easier. Instead it is making most tasks beyond the simplistic, brain haemoragingly obscure.

     

    The atmosphere has taken a turn for the worse in Apple Stores. The staff confronted with confused and upset customers, or those who really know what is going on, are retreating behind Apple's official line and assuming the "customer is wrong" yet again.

     

    Peter

  • 1,153. Re: Pages 5 features checklist
    PeterBreis0807 Level 7 Level 7 (29,620 points)

    vitessa wrote:

     

    The epub-export of Pages 5 produces an inacceptable file size:

     

    I tried different versions of Pages to export a Pages-document of 1 MB (a document with images and text) into an epub 2:

     

    Export from Pages 4.3. produces a file-size of 6,6 MB (that is larger than the export from Pages 4.2. because Pages 4.3 has a different handling of images when exporting to an epub). That was the reason why I still use Pages 4.2 for creating epubs

     

    Export of the same document via Pages 5 to an epub will create an epub-file with a file-size of more than 14 MB.

     

    All Pages 5 documents seem to have swelled out to much larger sizes.

     

    Peter

  • 1,154. Re: Pages 5 features checklist
    robogobo Level 2 Level 2 (290 points)

    Oh man, that was too beautiful.  Irony folding over on top of itself - priceless.

    pinkuff wrote:

     

    Hirschkorn wrote:

     

    Stick to the topic. If you just wanna attack someone for not thinking (or worshipping a corporation) the way you do, there are other ways of getting in touch with Peter, I presume.

    Me? involuntary troll, I guess :-D

1 75 76 77 78 79 Previous Next