Currently Being ModeratedNov 24, 2013 1:35 PM (in response to gail kovler2)
The stalled progress bar is a sign that you need to use recovery mode in order to restore your iPad now. Take a look at this.
i have followed all instructions and tried twice. each time i get a message after the restor process starts saying:
"there was a problem downloading the software for the ipad "ipad". and unknown error occurred (-50).
Currently Being ModeratedNov 24, 2013 9:07 PM (in response to gail kovler2)
These errors are typically resolved by performing one or more of the steps listed below:
- Perform USB isolation troubleshooting, including trying a different USB port directly on the computer. See the advanced steps below for USB troubleshooting.
- Put a USB 2.0 hub between the device and the computer.
- Try a different Dock Connector or Lightning Connector to USB cable.
- Eliminate third-party security software conflicts.
- There may be third-party software installed that modifies your default packet size in Windows by inserting one or more TcpWindowSize entries into your registry. An incorrectly set default packet size can cause this error. Contact the software manufacturer that installed the packet-size modification for assistance. Or, follow this article by Microsoft to reset the packet size back to the default for Windows:How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Connect your computer directly to your Internet source, bypassing any routers, hubs, or switches. You may need to restart your computer and modem to get online.
- Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points