Currently Being ModeratedNov 30, 2013 12:24 PM (in response to StupidScreen:()
It sounds like you are unable to boot to your desktop, and your computer is shutting down unexpectedly. I would start by resetting the SMC on your computer:
Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)
- Shut down the computer.
- Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
- On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
- Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
- Press the power button to turn on the computer.
Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.
If the issue persists I would try the troubleshooting outlined any this articles depending on the version of the OS you have installed named:
OS X Mavericks: If you see a gray screen at startup
OS X Mountain Lion: If you see a gray screen at startup
OS X Lion: If you see a gray screen at startup
Mac OS X 10.6: If you see a gray screen at startup
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
All the very best,
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points