Skip navigation

Can't enable Google Calendar in iCal

2340 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2014 8:33 AM by robdberlin RSS
Chadburns Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 7, 2013 7:39 AM

I mistakingly deleted my Google internet account in Mavericks because I was having issues with contacts not syncying.  Now that I am trying to add it again, it won't let me.  I'm getting 2 different error messages:

 

 

"Access to account “Google” is not permitted.

 

 

The server responded:

“403”

to operation CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation."


 

The other error message I was receiving yesterday just said that a "secure connection could not be established".  I deleted my iCal cache files as suggested in another forum post which stopped that error message from coming up.  I have also set up the 2-step verification process through Google hoping that would solve the problem, but it hasn't.

 

I feel like it's something I'm missing, but I'm tired of trying to figure this out on my own.

 

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)
  • xdr- Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2014 4:26 PM (in response to Chadburns)

    All,

     

    It appears that once upgraded to Mavericks, the calendar folders are no longer compatible with the latest version of iCal. Hence why it crashes.

     

    To remediate,

     

    Close the iCal App

    Duplicate the folder (For Backup reason)     /Users/YOURPROFILE/Library/Calendar

    Delete all content with in      /Users/YOURPROFILE/Library/Calendar

     

    Go to:-

     

    System Prefences | Internet Account | iCloud

    Uncheck Calendars, Recheck Calendars
    It will asked you if you wish to merge the database. (You may have to do this more then once)

     

    For every other google calendar

    Uncheck Calendars (if already checked), Recheck Calendars

     

    Hopefully this will recreate all the calender folders within /Users/YOURPROFILE/Library/Calendar and start re-syncing.

    Once you are satified that all your calender are syncing, delete the /Users/YOURPROFILE/Library/Calendar copy

     

    Good Luck.

  • xdr- Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2014 3:02 AM (in response to xdr-)

    Hi there,

     

    I have tested this out on my backup disk and there is a slight modification to the method. Will highlight this with quotation.

     

    ================================================================================ ==

     

    It appears that once upgraded to Mavericks, the calendar folders are no longer compatible with the latest version of iCal. Hence why it crashes.

     

    To remediate,

     

    Close the iCal App

    Duplicate the folder (For Backup reason)     /Users/YOURPROFILE/Library/Calendar

    Delete all content with in      /Users/YOURPROFILE/Library/Calendar

     

    Go to:-

     

    System Prefences | Internet Account | iCloud

    Uncheck Calendars, Recheck Calendars

    Select the iCloud profile

    Press "-" to delete the whole iCloud profile.

    Recreate the iCloud profile by select "+" then iCloud

    Enter your iCloud Username and Password

    It will asked you if you wish to merge the database. (You may have to do this more then once)

     

    For every other google calendar

    Uncheck Calendars (if already checked), Recheck Calendars

     

    Hopefully this will recreate all the calender folders within /Users/YOURPROFILE/Library/Calendar and start re-syncing.

    Once you are satified that all your calender are syncing, delete the /Users/YOURPROFILE/Library/Calendar copy

     

    Good Luck.

     

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

  • robdberlin Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2014 8:33 AM (in response to xdr-)

    I've been having the same issue and have been pulling my hair out all day. I follwed these steps and can confirm this 100% worked for me. Everything is fixed, iCal is syncing properly under the "Internet Accounts" settings and I'm no longer getting any 'secure connection could not be established' errors.

     

    Thanks so much for posting this!

Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.