Currently Being ModeratedDec 3, 2013 9:10 AM (in response to jscottfromfl)
After quite a bit of wrestling, i got it to work.
1. Go to the calendar application and create a new account.
2.Select "Add CalDAV Account".
3. Select "Account Type" as advanced.
4. Enter your username and password.
5. Enter "Server Address " as google.com
6. Enter "Server Path" as https://www.google.com:firstname.lastname@example.org/user
7. Select "Use SSL" and port should be 443.
That's it. It should work.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 6, 2013 1:52 PM (in response to Sky1994)
That works but I had a problem.
I typed part of the Server path wrong. Now it gives me a URL error and I can not delete the account or change the url to be correct. I was able to do it correctly so I have my caldav in my ical.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 9, 2013 8:06 AM (in response to Chadburns)
I did that. This is my bosses computer/gmail accounts.
He has 2 gmail accounts I set up. the first never uses the cal
The second is the one I miss typed dar insetad of dav.
Deleted BOTH gmails and logged out of icloud.
Logged back into icloud
Set up gmail account 1
Set up gmail account 2 (did not check the ical box)
Manually entered the caldev info as a new account
The old wrong url error comes back
The correct caldev displays as well.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 18, 2014 2:49 PM (in response to Sky1994)
THANK YOU. I've been tryin for weeks.
FOR THOSE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM ON iPHONE/iPAD:
The above instructions work the same, with some minor changes:
1. Go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars >Add Account
2.Select "Other" at the bottom of the list.
3. Select "Add CalDAV Account".
4. Enter "Server Address " as google.com
5. Enter your username and password, and the description you'd like.
6. IT WILL NOT WORK when you click next. Wait for verification to fail, then select advanced when it gives you the option in the pop-up dialogue
7. Enter "account URL ashttps://www.google.com:email@example.com/user
8. Select "Use SSL" and port should be 443.
That's what I did on my phone, and verification went through and it immediately began populating when I opened the calendar app on my iphone.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 15, 2014 3:00 PM (in response to Sky1994)
Thanks so much for the helpful info. Like others, I have been trying to figure out how to add my Google calendar to iCal for days now. Your solution and instructions are spot on.