Currently Being ModeratedDec 13, 2013 5:18 AM (in response to mathieufromsherbrooke)
Use the feedback icon at the top right of the app to tell Apple you want this added.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 23, 2013 2:31 AM (in response to mathieufromsherbrooke)
You can use the built-in spellchecker (correcteur orthographique) in iPad but first you need to set your iPad to French or to use a built-in French keypad in your apps.
This is how you do it:
Method 1: change to International
- Tap Settings on your iPad;
- Tap General in the left column;
- Tap International on the right;
- Tap Language, select Français from the popup and tap Done;
- Wait a little while: iPad will show "Changement de langue..."; it will take about 1 minute. Your iPad is now in "French";
- As you type in French the spellchecker will automatically prompt you for the correct word; for example, if you type "voila une bete degoutante", it will prompt you to "voilà une bête dégoutante". All you do is press the Spacebar every time it prompts you for the correct word. If the word is incorrect, it will be underlined with a dotted red line.
Method 2: change to a French keyboard
- Tap Settings on iPad;
- Tap General;
- Tap Keyboard on the right;
- In the middle of the page on the right, you will see Keyboards again, tap it;
- Tap on Add New Keyboard...;
- Tap French (you can chose between 3 keyboards, Canada, French or Switzerland) to add any of the 3 keyboards;
- If you wish to have a "French keyboard" on the iPad, you will have to select it by tapping French and tap the right software keyboard, AZERTY, Accented AZERTY or QWERTY (for the French keyboard);
- When you type in Pages or Numbers, tap on the Globe to the left of the Spacebar to select the French keyboard (Français) and, as you type, it will correct the words as previously stated. By tapping repeatedly on the Globe key, you can toggle between the different keyboards you have installed.
I hope this helps!
Joyeux Noël de l'Afrique du Sud...iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7.0.4
Currently Being ModeratedDec 23, 2013 5:22 AM (in response to BernardMR)
You can use the built-in spellchecker (correcteur orthographique) in iPad
It seems you have misunderstood the question and the forum. iwork for icloud cannot be used from an iPad, only from a Mac or PC via a browser.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 24, 2013 7:57 AM (in response to Tom Gewecke)
I am sorry, you are right.
It pays to read the question properly...
Merry Christmas from South Adrica!