Currently Being ModeratedDec 11, 2013 7:18 AM (in response to PFox78)
I agree with all that has been said. I find the music app to be one of the most frustrating apps for sorting and locating songs. IOS 6 was not good but much better than iOS 7. I am concerned on whether anyone is testing and verifying functionality on these releases. If any would be tested for improvements or at least the same or similar functionality it would be the Apps that came with the app,e products. With iTunes on your PC, one would think the sorts on your music library would carryover to the IOS Product. The point of improving instead of less, I really had to snicker on that point. Obviously it didn't work with the quality testing before sending out this release.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 16, 2013 3:17 PM (in response to PFox78)
I've been muttering about Apple for the months since I made the mistake of updating to iOS7, in the the hope that they'd fix the broken music app. I've been watching this thread and saying "Yes, I agree". It seems Apple isn't listening. It's AWFUL, Mr Apple. You are letting yourself down by not fixing it. It wasn't broken, really it wasn't!
Come on, you know you can do it!
Currently Being ModeratedDec 17, 2013 10:08 PM (in response to PFox78)
The updates to the music app in lock screen are EPIC eg, pressing the home button only once to bring up controls (now including scrobbing in lock screen! - big YES for lock screen scrobbing)
The updates to all other parts of the music app SUCK.
1. Get rid of the album art in "Artists and "Albums" sorting. The thumbnails are huge and makes scrolling take SO much longer
2. Bring back alphabetical scrolling for Artist and Album ie, A-Z running down the right side of the screen. (I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS WAS REMOVED)
3. Bring back Artist > Album > Song. It is currently Artist > Album + Song and is just an absolute mess
Or at least update the Music settings so we can personalize all of this stuff
PLEASE APPLE THIS IS KILLING ME
Currently Being ModeratedDec 18, 2013 12:37 AM (in response to markdyeah)
I'm so annoyed that this debacle started just weeks after I renewed my contract and upgraded to a new iPhone. If this had happened a month earlier, you can bet your *** I would have switched to something that wasn't an iPhone. The new music app is appalling, and music is the main reason I have an iPhone.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 18, 2013 7:16 AM (in response to PFox78)
Here's a simple list of the four major problems with ios7 music player, in my opinion:
1. The big size of the album/artist art, makes it very frustrating to scroll through the library. No matter which category you are in.(especially if you have a lot of music).
2. It is impossible to play/shuffle all of the artists/albums in a single genre anymore.
3. There is a genre categorization mixup with a lot of songs/albums. I've been using Itunes since the beginning of time. Organizing each song by genre (spent a huge amount of time doing this, through the years). Now, the music player app seems to categorize the genre by album (as it appears originally in the store) and not by song' like I've chosen on my Itunes. Therefore I have a mixeup of different albums/songs in the wrong genres. It works on Itunes, why can't it work on my Iphone.
4. Songs/albums that appear in the compilation category do not appear in the genre category. Works on Itunes but not on the Iphone.
Hope Apple will fix these problems!!!!
Currently Being ModeratedDec 24, 2013 8:13 AM (in response to bananabond)
And for anyone who hasn't tried it yet, I just released another update to my app Picky which includes a totally redesigned Now Playing view, similar to (but nicer than, I think) the Remote app's look. I created a huge collage of screenshots of it playing different albums
I'm also planning another big update for January or February – I've still got lots of suggestions from people on this forum and elsewhere that I want to include .
Currently Being ModeratedDec 25, 2013 7:40 AM (in response to Benormerod)
First things first: Happy Christmas!
I'm loving your app. Any chance of supporting chapters?
Thanks – same to you! By chapters, do you mean for audiobooks? What kind of options for that would you be looking for?
Currently Being ModeratedDec 25, 2013 8:38 PM (in response to PFox78)
Thanks to the latest Music app on iPad, ruined a party because On the fly playlist is gone!
Apple shoud rethink the way people use their devices for parties. Also true with the new iTunes: useless for parties now!
Please bring back iTunes Dj and On the fly playlists.