Currently Being ModeratedNov 21, 2013 3:40 AM (in response to hellocheryl)
Everything was working fine before Mavericks. Even if trashing render files works, my render times are exponentially slower. Hoping that a Mavericks update will fix.
You're killing me Apple. Killing me!!
Currently Being ModeratedNov 21, 2013 4:39 AM (in response to chesbrougha)
The problem is local not global.
On my system, FCPX runs a faster on Mavericks than it did on 10.8 and way faster than on 10.6, and so far has been much more stable.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 21, 2013 5:33 AM (in response to Russ H)
Ahhh, the ole' user error response...I can certainly appreciate that it might be an issue with the induvidual systems (even though it is running with issues on both my 2013 macbook retina and 2 sandy bridge hackintosh). Lag in the finder anyone....
That being said Lion/Mountain Lion generation software (FCPX) on next generation (Mac Pro) OS does not instill total confidence, at least for me. I understand that apple tried to make sure that FCPX and Mavericks were 100% compatible but I would wager that they are throwing their hats in the next iteration of FCP to make sure that they win back some of the people that they lost.
Rather than pointing fingers it always seems to be the prudent move to wait until the first OS update comes out to make the switch. I am an early adaptor and thought that I would get more juice from Mavericks. What I should have done was say, this Mac is screaming fast right now so don't fix what ain't broke until there is a stable and proven reason to. There will always be issues on the fourms but they dissipate over time.
Therefore, use Carbon Copy Cloner before all OS upgrades. Once the OS is upgrade save another CCC of that OS install. Determine which is running better and go with it. If you revert back to the old software then you can always go back to the newer OS at a later date without hassle (mostly a hackintosh solution)
Currently Being ModeratedNov 21, 2013 5:44 AM (in response to chesbrougha)
What can I say? Maybe I'm just lucky.
However, I do agree with almost everything you say about not rushig to upgrade and about backups. (FWIW, I've been testing 10.9 on a separate partition.)
Currently Being ModeratedNov 21, 2013 5:53 AM (in response to Russ H)
"Oh my god it worked"
-me after pretty much all terminal work
Lucky is the way to be in the computer game
Currently Being ModeratedNov 21, 2013 6:22 AM (in response to Jean Bovet)
Okay ... so more digging and I solved MY particular issue, hope this might help others. My problem all had to do with AppNap. Go to your Applications Folder, click on Final Cut Pro (once so it won't launch), go to Get Info. Check the box that tells it to disable AppNap.
What was happening with me was that after I would do an export, I would surf the internet or use Photoshop while I waited. Apparently, Mavericks new little AppNap feature will sense that "oh, FCP is in the background, so she must not be using it. I will reduce the resources to it so that whatever she is doing will run much faster". Reducing the resources to FCPX caused it to not have enough for export, thus creating the error.
After I figured this out, I disabled it and viola, no problem exporting. My fan even started blowing during the export like the good old days, lol.
Anyway, I hope that might help someone else!
Currently Being ModeratedNov 22, 2013 10:15 PM (in response to Jean Bovet)
@Hellocheryl - that worked for me! Thanks so much for noticing that.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 23, 2013 7:22 PM (in response to hellocheryl)
Thanks Hellocheryl, that worked for me too.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 5, 2013 12:19 PM (in response to djrocknroll)
I was having the same error -50 issue, too. I was trying to export my video in two sizes at once; 720p and a 1080p. For the 720p, I had the "Add to iTunes" selected under preferences but for the 1080p I selected "Do nothing". The 720p got the error -50 but the 1080p worked. I changed the 720p preference to "Do nothing" and it worked.
Hopefully this helps.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 7, 2013 6:08 AM (in response to hellocheryl)
THANK YOU, @hellocheryl! You made my day :-)
Currently Being ModeratedDec 11, 2013 6:29 AM (in response to Jean Bovet)
hey Im with the same problem to export but extrange is :
last week i creat a new event and edited and export with no problem so i was working in another event and made a export test 4 my cliente and saw the same error, and didnt find it on google just here today but yesterday i made it, creat a new project in the event paste the files and got to export 480p facebook .. and in the event i creat last week i tryied to export in full hd to face and got the same error @ 62% ill try to reinstall pro codecs again .. and test ..
Currently Being ModeratedDec 14, 2013 9:34 AM (in response to hellocheryl)
@hellocheryl - A BIG thanks to you! This seems to have solved my problem that occurred all the time. I cannot recall if it started after upgrading to Mavericks but I did notice *all the time* that it seemed to be related to the screensaver functionality. The -50 error was mostly visible after returning from screensave mode. So your disable Appnap tip immediately drew my attention. Finally, I can enjoy FCPX even more.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 20, 2013 12:05 AM (in response to hellocheryl)
Disabling AppNap helped me as well! Thanks, @hellocheryl!
Currently Being ModeratedDec 27, 2013 4:48 AM (in response to Jean Bovet)
К сожалению, мне ни один из вышеперечисленных способов не помог
Отключение AppNap... Отключение Backgraund Render...
Не пойму, в чём проблема... не так давно работала нормально на Final Cut Pro, всё хорошо сохранялось. Так что причина точно не в обновлении на Maverick. А что тогда?