587 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 28, 2013 7:30 AM by pedro d
Hello there, Dave.
The following Knowledge Base article offers up some good basics to try for resolving your issue:
- Clean the screen with a microfiber polishing cloth.
- Do not wear gloves while using the touchscreen. Do not use the touchscreen with wet hands or immediately after applying hand lotion. Moisture affects touchscreen behavior in the same manner as it affects a trackpad.
- If you have a protective plastic sheet or film on the touchscreen, try removing it, because it may be preventing the touchscreen from working properly.
- The current application may be unresponsive; try resetting iPod by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Volume Down buttons simultaneously for a least eight seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- Sync with iTunes and restore the iPod.
Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.