Currently Being ModeratedDec 30, 2013 2:14 PM (in response to rodneyekemp)
It depends on what you mean by "link it to your laptop". If you want to know if the iPad can be synced to a PC running Windows Vista, the answer is yes.
here are the system requirements.
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access9
Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 8; Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes (free download at www.itunes.com/download)
- You have to be using her Apple ID in the iTunes library on your PC. If you share an Apple ID it will not be a problem. If she has her own PC that she wants to sync with, it's not a good idea for her to sync to your PC. If she has no computer and you are going to use your PC as her syncing computer, that should not be a problem.
But ...you really should explain what you mean by "link to your PC".
Currently Being ModeratedDec 30, 2013 2:26 PM (in response to rodneyekemp)
Start with iTunes. iTunes does make some automatic backups and updates. To avoid this avoid iTunes. Try one of the other file tranfer method.
There are lots of ways of moving files.
A simple and popular way to copy files and share files amoung your devices.
Using iTunes to transfer files:
Files Connect -- The swiss army knife of remote file connect
iExplorer -- " iExplorer's disk mounting features allow you to use your iPhone, iPod or iPad like a USB flash drive."
Windows File server
"In education and business users increasingly expect to be able to access their data anytime, anywhere and from any device."
Configure WebDave on your server.
This thread has good info.
How to transfer files from your iPad to your PC with iPad to Computer Transfer
More ways to transfer files and access Word documents:
Currently Being ModeratedDec 30, 2013 2:29 PM (in response to Demo)
Hi and thanks for the replies - What I want to able to do is to access the files on the Dell from the iPad and copy across picures and iTunes music and the like. Am not very much up on computer technicalities.