Currently Being ModeratedJul 23, 2011 7:47 AM (in response to JimHdk)
Yes. I have no problem on most wi-fi networks. After about the 10th shutdown, it finally found the network, but I lost connection after 5 minutes and had to restart the iPad again. I would blame the network, but my MacBook Pro, iPhone 3GS and my family's PC's and iPad 1 have no problems.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 22, 2013 6:38 PM (in response to debbiebauman)
I just upgraded to an Iphone4 and have had it for barely a month, everything works great except connecting to public wifi. It works great at home connecting to my wifi, but out in the public I cannot connect, it won't even come up with a list of networks, even at McDonalds where they have free wifi. I was at a major hotel 2 weekends ago, and it wouldn't connect, when every one else was connecting with their lap tops and phones. I called Apple 2 times and went through the reset, etc.. I don't know what else to do but get another phone. Need help, it's so frustrating
Currently Being ModeratedOct 22, 2013 4:03 AM (in response to idnyc)
hello. I have the same problem. The windows that should appear to confirm the condition of the hotel, it does not coming up. Some one tall me that maybe it is because of the cookies or of the pops up, but I allowed them and nothing change. Did you solved your problem?
Currently Being ModeratedJan 16, 2014 11:55 AM (in response to Inesita2773)
I believe I have solved this
- When you can't log into public WiFi ...
- with an iDevice running iOS7…
- because the Server times out ...
- or the login/registration page just won't load ...
********Simply do this***********
- Go into settings> WiFi and tap the little info icon for the network you are trying to join
- If you see two slider buttons, these are the cause of your woes
- One says "Auto Join" (or similar) - you can leave this ON
- The second button is "Auto Login" - you must turn this OFF (slide it left so it is grey not green)
- Now go back and reselect the network.
- If the login page doesn't come up automatically, open a Safari window and enter any address
I have reproduced this issue and solution in 100% of the public WiFi spots which I could previously not access. Please not that I also have "Block Pop-Ups" turned OFF in Settings> Safari, though I do not know if this is a necessary step.
I have filed a bug report with Apple. Feel free to contact them yourselves if this workaround works for you.
Also, please mark this as "Solved" if it works for you so that others will know how to connect to public WiFi.