Currently Being ModeratedAug 31, 2011 11:10 PM (in response to popiimu)
Make sure your wifi is turned on. Try #2 and #3 in link below. If neither work, you most likely have a hardware issue.17" 2.2GHz i7 Quad-Core MacBook Pro 8G RAM 750G HD + OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Boot HD
Got problems with your Apple iDevice-like iPhone, iPad or iPod touch? Try Troubleshooting 101
Currently Being ModeratedSep 1, 2011 2:43 AM (in response to Mac Medic (be@MacOSG.com))
thank's for your help
I did turn on my wifi....at home, its work, at my mum place, its' work, just on public, it's not work...
I will look at your troubleshooting page...
Currently Being ModeratedSep 1, 2011 8:43 PM (in response to kevin buick)
yes, I think they have the page for log in....so, when I was outside, on the setting, my ipod can detect the wifi, the problem is, when I click on it, they wifi signal on the left hand corner is not there....but my wifi is on...and it straight away bring it to the page that ask me to log on, but then, after a while , the page is gone and turn white page, so, there's no way I can go online...
anyway, thank's for your help......
Currently Being ModeratedSep 8, 2011 5:09 PM (in response to popiimu)
If you haven't tried, tap Settings / General / Reset / Reset Network Settings.
Then restart your iPod. Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears. Slide your finger across the slider to turn off iPhone. To turn iPhone back on, press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
If that didn't help, more help here > iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections
Currently Being ModeratedJan 16, 2014 1:23 PM (in response to popiimu)
I believe I have solved this...
- When you can't log into public WiFi ...
- with an iDevice…
- because the Server times out ...
- or the login/registration page just won't load ...
********Simply do this***********
- Go into settings> WiFi and tap the little info icon for the network you are trying to join
- If you see two slider buttons, these are the cause of your woes
- One says "Auto Join" (or similar) - you can leave this ON
- The second button is "Auto Login" - you must turn this OFF (slide it left so it is grey not green)
- Now go back and reselect the network.
- If the login page doesn't come up automatically, open a Safari window and enter any address
I have reproduced this issue and solution in 100% of the public WiFi spots which I could not previously access. Please not that I also have "Block Pop-Ups" turned OFF in Settings> Safari, though I do not know if this is a necessary step.
I have filed a bug report with Apple. Feel free to contact them yourselves if this workaround works for you.
Also, please mark this as "Solved" if it works for you so that others will know how to connect to public WiFi.