I'm not sure what you mean by "reset."
Your post indicates you are running Snow Leopard version 10.6.2
Many issues can be resolved by updating the operating system software and restarting the computer.
Another basic troubleshooting step is to reset the SMC and PRAM.
- Shut down the computer.
- Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
- On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
- Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
- Press the power button to turn on the computer.
Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.
- Shut down your Mac.
- Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
- Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
- Release the keys.
You can read more details by clicking on the two links above, but these would be two good troubleshooting steps to try.
I hope this information helps ....
Have a great day!