This discussion is archived
2219 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2009 9:18 AM by Randy Varcho
Currently Being ModeratedNov 19, 2006 9:10 PM (in response to Randy Varcho)These types of errors have been reported fairly often. The resolution to the problem is pretty variable. The best starting point I can refer you to is probably Mark Heaton's (Apnewbie) page on iWeb publishing errors...
Currently Being ModeratedNov 20, 2006 7:04 AM (in response to Randy Varcho)Hi Randy
I'd be pleased to find the solution to this. I started having the exact same problems and error messages today. If I find anything from another source I post it here.
PauliMac G5, iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.8)
Currently Being ModeratedNov 20, 2006 4:07 PM (in response to A340driver)Thanks, James, for your always helpful replies and information.
Paul, here are two things I tried with some success. I deleted new blog material — those which hadn't published — and added, then published, each new blog one at a time. Somewhere along the line, one of the new blogs apparently corrupted the ability to publish all of them at once. Also, I launched iWeb, put the Domain file (username/application support/iWeb/Domain) in the trash then published. When prompted to save the new Domain file, I chose the folder where the old one resided. Subsequent publishes have gone a bit smoother.
Still, one wishes iWeb were easier and more reliable for updates.iBook 14, 1.2 mhz, G4, dual-layer Superdrive, 512 RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.4), iLife 06
Currently Being ModeratedNov 21, 2006 12:32 AM (in response to Randy Varcho)Randy
I also deleted the pages that weren't publishing and started again one at a time- they were photo pages in my case.
Trouble is, I had saved prior to a successful publish and found myself with a corrupt Domain file and nothing new published . I'll be more careful in the future.
It seems to be working ok again now. Very strange that we should have the same problem at the same time.
Cheers PauliMac G5, iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.8)
Currently Being ModeratedJul 29, 2009 9:18 AM (in response to Randy Varcho)I'm going to mark this question as answered although, to date, I never received a satisfactory answer from either MobileMe or Apple Support as to why the problem initially occurred.
In end result, it was suggested by Apple Support that I delete half of my older blog entries (at the time numbering over 50) and see if that solved the problem. It did -- prompting suspicion of a corrupted blog page; however there was no easy way to replace or copy over the deleted material. One cannot have two Domain files open at the same time in iWeb -- the existing/published Domain file and, for example, an earlier backup -- so cut and paste is not a solution.