This discussion is archived
1061 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2007 7:19 PM by Karl Seibert
Currently Being ModeratedAug 24, 2007 7:53 AM (in response to Benjamin Otto)What is your line voltage? The G5 specs are:
"Line voltage: 100 - 125V AC or 200 - 240V AC (wide-range power supply input voltage)."
Do you need a transformer?Quicksilver dual 800 MHz, Mac OS X (10.4.10), ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Mac Edition 256 MB
Currently Being ModeratedAug 28, 2007 7:19 PM (in response to Benjamin Otto)The specs are a little baffling. I had always thought it was about 700 watts so I looked it up and here is the statement from the Apple PDF.
Electrical and environmental requirements
• Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
• Line voltage:100–125V AC or 200–240V AC
• Frequency:50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
• Maximum current:6.5A (low-voltage range) or 7.5A (high-voltage range)
• Operating temperature:50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
• Storage temperature:–40° to 116° F (–40° to 47° C)
• Relative humidity:5% to 95% noncondensing
• Maximum altitude:10,000 feet
Use a 1000 and that should cover it. (The Mac Pros are about 1200 Watts?)MacBook & G5 Dual 2, Mac OS X (10.4.6)