This discussion is archived
1196 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2008 1:36 PM by DougNorway
Currently Being ModeratedApr 19, 2008 10:39 AM (in response to DougNorway)You can designate file names on import using a variety of criteria (date, number, custom name, etc.). You can have the name applied just to the Aperture version, or the master file name as well. Using a date based naming system of some variety makes organizing and searching much easier as well.MacBook Pro Santa Rosa 2.4 ghz, 4/250 GB, 23" Cinema HD, Mac OS X (10.5.2), iPhone 8 GB, iPod Nano 8 GB (2nd Gen), AppleTV 160 GB
Currently Being ModeratedApr 19, 2008 10:46 AM (in response to KBeat)Thanks... I know this. The problem is as follows: I didn´t know i had filename conflict before i had imported the pics... How can i find the pics that are "hiding", and can i use batch change to tidy up this mess? (The pics are moved in to the same project... uhu)iMacG5 + MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.2)
Currently Being ModeratedApr 19, 2008 10:52 AM (in response to DougNorway)
The problem now is that the 40D has been used so much on a trip to the Philippines, the camera´s file numbering are the same on a series of pics. Both cams used simultanously. This confuses Aperture, so when i preview one pic, another shows up...
That's got nothing to do with the file names, as Aperture uses it's own internal IDs to keep track of each image, regardless of file names.
What's happened is that the thumbnails for each image and the index which tells Aperture which thumbnail is for which image don't match up.
To fix this you need to rebuild the Library - quit Aperture, then launch it again while holding down the Command and Option/Alt keys. This will rebuild the database from scratch.
Obviously, don't do this until after you've backed everything up, just in case...
P.S. Welcome to the forum.G5 2x2GHz, tiBook 1GHz 15", MBP 2GHz 15", Mac OS X (10.5.2)