This discussion is archived
4369 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2008 11:39 AM by dontwhine
Currently Being ModeratedJul 16, 2008 11:36 AM (in response to RockStarr)I was actually answering to the first question posted by Charles...
Interesting though. I saw the other thread about password related issue.
One of my accounts HAD a smiley face as a password ;o) and it took it... LOL reporting no issues when uploading... So, I don't know, it's possible, however, latency issues with Youtube servers are a very well known issue.HAL-9000, Mac OS X (10.5.4)
Currently Being ModeratedJul 18, 2008 9:59 AM (in response to dontwhine)I can't imagine the password thing being even remotely relevant, especially since many of us have had the exact same password indefinitely and have upload dozens of videos.
What's valid as a YouTube password is between you and YouTube. It shouldn't have any bearing on iMovie.
BTW, I still haven't changed my password, but find that the problem I started this thread with is intermittent and has nothing to do with file size.
I know that sometimes it takes hours for YouTube to show a successful upload, but there's always a "place holder" at the YouTube site to indicate that it's working on it, including your title etc. With the problem I've reported, there's not a trace that a movie upload has been attempted.
My success rate is probably abut 70% right now, but it's still annoying to have to use the indirect upload method for the other 30%.G5 iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.7)
Currently Being ModeratedJul 18, 2008 3:28 PM (in response to cp_whaley)If your configuration is G5 iMac Mac OS X (10.4.7) as I see in your signature, I have notice some issues on and off when uploading to either MobileMe or Youtube sites. I would say though that the percentage that I hit is much lower: 1 video in 20. Sometime lengthy videos are much slower to upload. And, yes, Youtube often displays a "place holder" but often it doesn't. At least this is my experience when uploading during weekends and evenings (busiest times according to stats.)HAL-9000, Mac OS X (10.5.4)
Currently Being ModeratedJul 18, 2008 6:36 PM (in response to cp_whaley)Me 2 I'm having *problems with the iMovie '08 and Youtube interface.* The error I get is
An error occurred during communication with the
server (“timed out”). Please make sure you are
connected to the internet, and then try again."
This comes up at the end of the upload process after 10 to 14 minutes of apparent communication between my mac and youtube. *It's not a real problem though* because when I check youtube, my video is published; it's just that YouTube is processing the video.
My videos are rather long (almost the 10 minute maximum) as they are videos of Long Island youth football games see: http://www.youtube.com/looneytoobs
So, I have to break them up into chapters or 9 to 10 minute segments. I'm also having problems with .mac / mobile me publishing to my .mac web page. Really a drag. I don't think Apple has this thing worked out yet from all the problems folks are having.dual 1 GHz PowerPC G4 1MB L3 cache per processor 1 GB DDR SDRAM, Mac OS X (10.5.4), Mac Pro 2 x Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
I am having the same communications error problem, but for me, there is no sign of my vid on YT. I upload every day and this has gone on for two days now. I'll try to run software updates and try again.macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.4)
Currently Being ModeratedJul 31, 2008 11:39 AM (in response to abandonship)It looks like that either Youtube servers are having issues or your internet connection does.
This doesn't appear to be an iMovie error.
I did get communication errors while uploading to Youtube, but I realized that the entire network was down for a few seconds, then it resumes to normal business.HAL-9000, Mac OS X (10.5.4)