This discussion is archived
8917 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2011 6:43 AM by Todd71
Your bookmark file may be corrupted. You can find out like this:
1. Choose File > Export Bookmarks and save your bookmarks to your Desktop.
2. Quit Safari if it's running.
3. Go to ~/Library/Safari and remove the Bookmarks.plist file to your Desktop (don't delete it).
4. Restart Safari, go back to the page you last tried to add a bookmark for and try again, then check to see if it was saved.
5. If it was, then your problem is resolved and you can delete the Bookmarks.plist file on the Desktop; if not, then something else is going on.
6. You can restore your previous bookmarks by using the File > Import Bookmarks menu command and choose the xxxxxx Bookmarks.html file you previously exported from Safari.
MulderiMac G4 1.35 Ghz, Mac OS X (10.4.11)