4456 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2009 3:24 PM by jeremymaxwell
Yep. I keep getting a similar error when trying to connect to remote speakers with airport express. I get an "a error occurred when connecting to the remote speaker (speaker name). An unknown error occurred -15000" Not sure what minus 15000 means. Of course I suppose neither does apple since its unknown. So basically my two apple express units are now useless to me. Cant stream music anymore. Anyone have a similar problem and find a solution? Thanks. By the way never had a problem before using 8.2. And Airfoil still works fine...
Same Problem here. The strange thing is it Airtunes worked fine for 2 days, but last night after the computer went to sleep all I get is the "Unknown Error -3256". Rebooting Itunes and then the computer doesn't work. I am up to date on the firmware version for the Airport Extreme and Express that have been working just fine for the past two Months. I am tempted to reboot them, but in the past that has meant a 2 hour diversion into getting the Airport Extreme to recognize the Express. So, I'm holding on for an explanation of any other options to try. I went through and double checked the suggestions in this thread
but again to no avail.
My problems with itunes were only when purchasing, but it was the same error. I connected my laptop using ethernet, and I wouldn't get any errors. I ended up disabling my wireless security settings on my router, I was using WPA2-PSK [AES]. Now I have an unsecure wireless network, but now I am not getting that error. This all started all of a sudden, I updated to itunes 8.2 last week, and I am on a mac. I have a netgear wireless-N router. Turning off security isn't safe my any means, and I haven't tried any of the other security options. Maybe someone has noticed this also.
I also should add that I tried the IPV6 settings - it was already set to automatic - and no change. I also went through the Network settings to check the IPv6 settings and they were also already set to Automatic.
Further, I went into "Security" in System Settings and changed the Firewall settings from "allow all incoming connections" to "set access for specific servers and apps". I then added Itunes as one of the apps. Again, nothing. Help us Apple Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope!
I finally have Airtunes working again, mostly by following the advice of Klein Jr in this earlier thread
Everything I read told me to turn ON the IPV6 settings to automatic. Turning it OFF and then quiting and restarting Itunes is what worked. Not sure why Apple is not forthcoming with that Info rather than making us hunt down the answer in old forum posts. Hopefully that helps! And thanks to Klein Jr.