Ask a question
When asking questions, always keep the community etiquette in mind. You can quickly ask a question from the home page or from within a specific community. You can also click New > Discussion at the top of any page. As you type your question, you'll see a list of similar questions that other users have asked.
To ask a question from the home page:
- Type your question in the ‘Ask your question’ field. Try to limit the question to one or two short sentences. You'll be able to provide more details in the next few steps.
- Before you submit your question, review the list of similar questions. You might find an answer in an earlier discussion.
- If you don't find similar questions, click ‘Submit my question to the community.’ If you're not already signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Choose the community that best relates to your question.
- Type your question and describe the issue. It's helpful to include details such as product specs, software version, actions that cause the issue, and any troubleshooting you've already done.
- Select categories and add tags to help others find your question.
- Click Post Message.
To help you track responses, you're automatically subscribed to email notifications for any question you ask or respond to. To turn off email notifications, see Manage email notifications.
Encourage helpful community members by marking responses that help solve your question. This awards reputation points and increases the member's status in the community. It also makes it easier for others to find helpful responses.