Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just got a used ipod- help?

My boyfriend just gave me his old nano.. I've never had an ipod before. What should I do? Isn't there something about it can only be used on one computer? How can I make it so I can use it on mine?
Thanks for the help!!

Windows XP

Posted on Jun 19, 2007 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2007 11:10 AM

iPods can be used on as many computers as you like. If it is set to update automatically just connect it to your computer and it will syncronise with your iTunes library and update itself. If you are unfamiliar with iPods you'll find all you need to know to get started on this page: iPod nano Fast Start: The New User's Guide to iPod nano

You might also want to Rename your iPod. Once you have read the introduction page and have your iPod loaded up just follow the instructions below.

Select your iPod in the iTunes Source list.
Click on it's its name again.
The text box will open for editing.
Type a new name.

Have a look here for more: How To Rename your iPod
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2007 11:10 AM in response to moeyoldbold

iPods can be used on as many computers as you like. If it is set to update automatically just connect it to your computer and it will syncronise with your iTunes library and update itself. If you are unfamiliar with iPods you'll find all you need to know to get started on this page: iPod nano Fast Start: The New User's Guide to iPod nano

You might also want to Rename your iPod. Once you have read the introduction page and have your iPod loaded up just follow the instructions below.

Select your iPod in the iTunes Source list.
Click on it's its name again.
The text box will open for editing.
Type a new name.

Have a look here for more: How To Rename your iPod

I just got a used ipod- help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.