Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File copy permissions issue

Scenario: Mac Pro / 10.4.10 - Internal TB raid. Attached via GB ethernet (switched)
Powerbook G4 / 10.4.10 - External 1TB RAID FW800 attached. Attached via GB ethernet (switched)

90 gig of SD video on the Mac Pro. I try to copy it to the FW Raid on the powerbook. It runs for a bit and then says insufficent rights for me to copy. I check all of the rights on the disks on both machines - it's all good to go.

I see where the copy left off and just copy the next file. It copies fine. So I select the remaining files and it copies for a while and then gives me the same error. I continue this process for the remainder of the files.

What should have taken about 30 minutes took about 90 minutes with me babysitting it and re-trying the copy all the time.

Can anyone shed any light on why this would be happening?

Powerbook G4 / Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jun 22, 2007 7:37 PM

3 replies

Aug 4, 2007 7:59 AM in response to yagfxg33k

Hi, I was searching for an answer on this, too, and found this in another thread:

Despite the success of the file menu items, the white circle in a slash indicates that the Finder thinks you don't have the necessary permissions. In the Finder, select that partition, Get Info, and make sure that "ignore permissions on this volume" is checked. You will need to restart to get the Finder to wake up to this change.

I haven't tried it yet

File copy permissions issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.