Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Want to do this photo effect...... how?

193 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 24, 2007 3:19 PM by Matthew Morgan RSS
Rory Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 24, 2007 10:38 AM
All,

I am building a movie with many photos. I have used the Ken Burns effect and am quite comfortable with it.

Yet, I want to do something with the photos that I cannot seem to figure out.

I currently use ken burns to zoom in very close (5 on the ken burns zoom scale) , then have it zoom out to "1.15" on the scale, that works just fine.

Yet in another series of photos, I basically want to start at "1.0" (full sized picture) then have it zoom out from that - the effect is that the picture is 'falling away" and gets smaller and smaller until you cannot see it anymore.

Ken Burns allows me to zoom in very close within a picture - then zooming out to full size - but won't let me go any farther.

Is there an effect, or something out there that lets me start with the picture full screen, then zoom out from that with the picture getting very small?

thx
rory
Powermac G5 - 2.0GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.9)
  • Matthew Morgan Level 7 Level 7 (22,420 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2007 3:19 PM (in response to Rory)
    Rory,

You can do the zoom out effect you describe with Photo to Movie.

I've used Photo to Movie for years as an adjunct to iMovie. It's Ken Burns on steroids. Multiple key frames, rotation, colored backgrounds and more.

It's $49.95 but you can try it out for free.

Matt
    Dual 1.8 GHz G5 2.5 GB RAM, iBook G4 800MHz 384 MB RAM, iSight, iPod nano, Mac OS X (10.4.9), ATI Radeon 9600, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.