Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mighty mouse slow after crash - USB broken?

Hi

I have a USB Logitech keyboard and a USB Mighty mouse attached to it.
The keyboard is attached to the USB slot on the back side.

After a bad crash (my own programming) and re-booting
Together with login window, there was also the USB warning dialog reading something like USB device low on power.
- Also the mouse and keyboard didn't react any more.
- I unplugged the keyboard USB and the mouse USB sometimes and still didn't react.
- re-booted and put the USB keyboard on the front USB socket and it started to work normal.
- re-booted and put the USB keyboard on the back USB socket again.
=> keyboard and mouse works however really slow.
The mouse tracking ball is not smooth scrolling up and down as before anymore.
When selecting menus and words in a document it takes some time before the selection get high lighted.

Is it possible that my crash damaged hardware?
Suggestions?

Thanks you

G5 Mac OS X (10.4.9) no bluetooth

G5, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Jun 25, 2007 2:05 AM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2007 9:02 AM in response to s5804

Hello! The "low power" message means one of the usb devices was drawing too much power and the Mac "tripped out" the usb port. Some G5's have the pmu/smu button as shown HERE while later models do not. To reset the button type press the button once (sometimes you have to have all external cables unhooked) and for one that doesn't unplug all ext cables and let it sit for 30 min. or so to reset the pmu. I'd also repair permissions in disk utility once rebooted.Here's additional info on it. Tom

Mighty mouse slow after crash - USB broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.