Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing names FROM phone to Address Book

In anticipation of getting an iPhone, I want to sync (upload) the names and numbers currently stored on my Motorola RAZR to my iMac Address Book. Doing so will facilitate the syncing of the new iPhone.

At present, both the iMac and cell phone "read" each other via Bluetooth, and synicing takes place. Unfortunately, nothing is added to the Address Book; even when there is already a name in the AB, no phone numbers are added.

Likewise, no data from the AB is transferred to the phone.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this an impossibility?

iMac 20" Core Duo, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Jun 26, 2007 11:09 AM

2 replies

Jun 26, 2007 1:13 PM in response to Community User

The most likely reason for this is that the contact records on your Motorola mobile handset reside on a SIM, and are not stored in the area of memory on the device reserved for such records.

iSync can only transfer data stored in that location: it cannot interact with a SIM. If that is the case, you should follow the instructions provided with your device for copying such data from the SIM to your handset, and then synchronize again.

Syncing names FROM phone to Address Book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.