Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I text message multiple people at once?

I want to send a text message out to a bunch of people in my address book but I seem to only be able to send a message one at a time. Is there a way for me to send a message to a bunch of people at once?

thanks

Posted on Jun 30, 2007 6:01 AM

22 replies

Jun 30, 2007 8:35 AM in response to Allan Sampson

Each person in the group has a phone number with the mobile tag on it. Some have multiple phone numbers. I try to type the group name into the to: area, but the group doesn't show up. I decided to just type the name out and send it, and it acted like it was sending something, but my group members said they never got the message. This was yesterday.

Jun 30, 2007 8:52 AM in response to boakley

Are you syncing "all contacts" in the iTunes/iPhone preference pane? This the setting that I have and group changes/additions/subtractions are working fine for me. Are you using Windows or OS X?

On a seperate note: You could add your computer specs into your profile from the settings on the right side of the forum so any answers could be specific to your OS, Computer Model, etc..,

Edit: Whoops, looks like you just gave us your model.

PowerBook G4 12", iPhone Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Jun 30, 2007 2:25 PM in response to nyctravis

i still can't get this to work. I have several groups in my Address Book, with people appearing in multiple groups as applicable. I'm syncing all of my contacts through iTunes, and they appear just fine, but when I create a txt message, there's no way to actually "choose" a group, it just opens the group for you to choose an individual within it. Likewise, typing the name of the group and sending a message that way sends it to the corresponding number of each letter in the name of the group (ie "EVERYONE" becomes 38379663) and i get a txt back from at&t stating the message couldn't be sent because it wasn't a proper 10 digit phone number.

what are the proper steps to sending messages to multiple recipients?

Mac Book Pro (CD) Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Jul 1, 2007 7:02 AM in response to dopefish3d

I have the same issue.

My groups are on the iPhone. In the "To:" field I click on the "+" and then the "groups" button to the left of where it says "All Contacts" and it brings up a list of my groups.

Then I see this:

All Contacts >
Baseball >
Coaches >
Growth >

Those are the 3 groups I have set up in address book. However if I choose "baseball" by pushing it, all it does is bring me into the list of the members within the "baseball" group. It DOES NOT select the WHOLE group thereby forcing me to click on each member of the group one at a time. This has to be an easy fix since I can send to a group very easily through apple's mail program.

Please fix this Apple. This doesn't seem like it would be that hard to fix but it is an important function that people use a lot and that saves time, particularly if a group is large.

Thank you.

How do I text message multiple people at once?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.