Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo IMAP settings for Mail?

How do I setup Mail to use the new Yahoo IMAP service? Yahoo IMAP is working great on my new iphone but I would like Apple Mail to use Yahoo IMAP instead of Yahoo POP3. I have searched everywhere and can't find out how to do this. Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jun 30, 2007 8:39 AM

3 replies

Jun 30, 2007 10:43 PM in response to BDJeep

I don't have an iPhone, but I presume that you had to set up the mail account settings in iPhone's mail program?

Temporarily make the pop account inactive (Mail Prefs > Accounts > Advanced > uncheck the "Enable this account" and "Include when automatically checking for new mail" checkboxes

Create a new IMAP account in Mail.app on your computer using the same server hostnames, SSL settings, port numbers, and authentication methods as you specified for that account in your iPhone.

Make sure the new yahoo imap account works for you from within Mail.app and if so, then you should be able to delete the old pop account

Yahoo IMAP settings for Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.