Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charge Time?

Has anyone roughly kept track of how long it takes to charge the battery to full from dead or almost dead?

Macbook, iPhone 8GB, G4Tibook, iPod 15GB, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jul 1, 2007 2:16 AM

12 replies

Jul 1, 2007 5:23 AM in response to txladykat

I have a DICE iPod interface for the stereo in my Audi A3 and it plays iPhone music just fine, the steering wheel controls work to change tracks and it charges -- all after dismissing the "not compatible" warning when I plug it in.

It will not, however, put phone audio through the stereo.

-dan

Jul 1, 2007 5:42 AM in response to selfmadewinter

I'd agree with CanWeBowl... roughly overnight.

The first charge time seems to vary on units and I suspect some had more initial charge (one of ours charged in about an hour the other took about 8 hours on the first charge). The last bit of charging seems to take forever.

I don't mind the length of time to charge because the battery life is really impressive.

I went to the apple store and looked for a longer cable so I could use the phone while talking, even bought a car charger kit that seemed to have a longer cable. In the end the cable was almost as long as the original one.

Why did Apple make the cord so short compared to many other phone cords? Is there a safety reason? The store employees said I could always use an extension USB cable, but I'm wondering if this is a safe idea.

What do other people do so they can charge and talk?

Charge Time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.