Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Tips & Tricks

How about a thread on little things that might help out using the iPhone that may not be obvious.

I know I really like being able to delete email by just swiping left to right on the email in the list and up pops a delete key on the right. that way i don't have to open the email to actually delete it.

15" 2.4ghz MacBook Pro C2D, 4gb RAM, 23" ACD, Mac OS X (10.4.10), iPhone 8gb

Posted on Jul 2, 2007 3:56 AM

105 replies

Jul 5, 2007 6:24 AM in response to BrianH

The trick David Pogue mentions for entering a period (hold down the punctuation key and then slide to the period and release) will allow you to enter anything on the non-alpha keyboard and return to the alpha keyboard in one swipe.

The phone shows up in iPhoto (turn off in image capture)
You can use 'Camera is not Apple iPhone' in a smart playlist.

A contacts picture folder is good, I added a wallpaper one.

Keeping the favorites screen open allows you to unlock the screen then dial with three motions.

The home button can be used to access unlocking instead of sleep wake

Jul 5, 2007 8:34 PM in response to Allan Sampson

And if you don't like the small size of the contact pictures brought in from Address Book, all you have to do is edit the contact and click on the photo to "edit" it. I originally thought you had to resize the picture a little for the change to take, but all you have to do is open the edit window and save! The small image will then be full-screen for the next call.

Jul 5, 2007 8:56 PM in response to BrianH

• Safari doesn't provide scroll bars for text area form fields and scrollable areas in a text page. An example of this is the field I'm using to type this message in. Dragging a single finger on the page scrolls the page. If you want to scroll one of the areas I just described, use two fingers.

• Holding down on a link shows the link's URL.

iPhone Tips & Tricks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.