Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Third party insurance for iphone ?

any suggestions guys?

i cant bear to lose this thing.

iphone, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jul 2, 2007 6:40 AM

11 replies

Jul 2, 2007 7:50 AM in response to mposh123

If you are that conscious of losing a $600 device... you shouldn't have bought it.

This is not the kind of equipment that one should be so absent-minded as to leave it somewhere.

Concentrate on enjoying the experience and protect it with a case.

Also, opt for the additional year option when it debuts for the warranty.

Dont lose the phone and your mind.

Jul 2, 2007 9:30 AM in response to mposh123

I live in the Bronx and I DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT THEFT!

The accidental damage IS COVERED BY APPLE'S WARRANTY!

The warranty covers all ACCIDENTS! Just not Phobia's...

I have similar concerns also, don't get me wrong... to lose it on the train or bus or bookstore would be a horror.. but use a little common sense; these are the kinds of purchases you protect even more than, let's say, a razr.

Enjoy your new toy.

Jul 2, 2007 10:20 AM in response to The Dreamer

applecare in a couple weeks, i've heard pricing from $69 to $99, 2 year coverage period.

i have also seen some auth cingular retailers offering $100 replacement insurance for the iPhone, although I have no idea how they can do that, since they couldn't actually sell the phones. I'd be leary of that for now.

If you declare it on homeowners, you may be able to get it covered under a specific "computer" or "consumer electronics" clause. really depends on your policy, i'd imagine.

Third party insurance for iphone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.