Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Working with .wmv files on my new Mac

Hi everyone,

I have some videos that I downloaded onto my older pc that I would like to use in iMovie. Does anyone know how I can edit and/or convert it into a format to use on my mac?

Thanks,
Karen

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.9), PC Desktop with WinXP

Posted on Jul 2, 2007 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2007 8:59 AM

You can use the shareware program ReelBean to convert your .wmv to an mpeg-4 file (I think it does this in the free mode, but if not a license is $15), and then import that iMovie.

To view the .wmv files, you need the freeware Flip4Mac. I suspect you will need the components installed by Flip4Mac for ReelBean to work with wmv files - not sure, but it won't hurt to install it.

Hope this helps...
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2007 8:59 AM in response to karentam6600000

You can use the shareware program ReelBean to convert your .wmv to an mpeg-4 file (I think it does this in the free mode, but if not a license is $15), and then import that iMovie.

To view the .wmv files, you need the freeware Flip4Mac. I suspect you will need the components installed by Flip4Mac for ReelBean to work with wmv files - not sure, but it won't hurt to install it.

Hope this helps...

Jul 2, 2007 1:44 PM in response to karentam6600000

The first level paid for version of Flip4mac adds the ability to use Quicktime (or MPEG Streamclip) to export to QT formats from WMV. The free one will allow playback. The much more expensive two version of Flip4mac allow the reverse, e.g. exporting to WMV from Quicktime. To use Quicktime to convert you need the Quicktime Pro version as well as the Flip4mac version.

Have a look at Visual Hub, which is $23 as it apaprently does this as well and there is a trial version so you can prove it first.

Working with .wmv files on my new Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.