4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2007 11:55 AM by Jeff Greenberg
dvb Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
i've been using my palm treo to sync my addresses and calendar between my PC at work and mac at home. it's clear that the iphone can sync with mac OR pc.

i'm hoping that it will sync with mac AND pc but am having trouble finding the answer with my search attempts. can anyone enlighten me?

thanks,
-db

macbook pro intel   Mac OS X (10.4.3)  

powermac g5   Mac OS X (10.4.3)  
  • churt Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
    I'm wondering about this as well. I want to sync my windows computer at work with my iphone and my mac at home with my iphone. That way I can merge both worlds together and have access to each from the iPhone. Each time you plug the iphone in to the other computer, you have to reconfigure itunes to sync calendars and contacts. This seems like a very obvious feature to include and I'm baffled that it's not available from the start.
  • Scott Shuchart Level 1 Level 1 (130 points)
    It is. It works. It's what I'm doing. To be clear:

You can only sync media (music, video) from one computer.

But you can sync calendars and contacts from (at least) two. I have mine syncing to a Mac at home and a PC at work, and it works fine.
  • dvb Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    are there any settings (similar to conduit settings for the palm) that allow choices like "iphone overwrites PC" or "mac overwrites iphone," either permanently or temporarily?
    -db
  • Jeff Greenberg Level 3 Level 3 (585 points)
    are there any settings (similar to conduit settings
    for the palm) that allow choices like "iphone
    overwrites PC" or "mac overwrites iphone," either
    permanently or temporarily?
    -db

Not exactly. But when INFO is synced to more than one machine you get the option to merge or replace the info on your iPhone.