Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone and WPA- Enterprise

My school has Wifi with WPA - Enterprise? Is there any way I can get on the network with the current software loaded onto the iPhone?

Windows XP

Posted on Jul 3, 2007 10:47 AM

8 replies

Jul 10, 2007 1:53 PM in response to smehkari

My school has Wifi with WPA - Enterprise? Is there
any way I can get on the network with the current
software loaded onto the iPhone?

I'm having the same problem at work. My MacBook Pro is asked for a username and password. Unfortunately the iPhone only asks for a password.

I thought I'd reply to your question so it would bounce back up to the top of the list.

Can anyone confirm that the iPhone is or is not able to authenticate using WPA-Enterprise?

Dec 5, 2007 9:40 AM in response to WPA Enterprise Man!

Definitely - I agree. In my University there's WPA2 Enterprise but it just gives WEP, WPA or WPA2 choices, no Enterprise - meaning you can only put in a password which is unhelpful!

To be honest, I'm really shocked it hasn't come out on the iPhone and iPod Touch from when they rolled out of stores.

Surely the logic was that they need wireless, just like a Mac, but they don't offer all of the encryption support for ones which are perfectly fine on OS X? :s

iPhone and WPA- Enterprise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.