Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I uninstall Adobe CS2?

Sorry, I have no idea where this thread should go, I couldn't find a software discussion with Photoshop.

I just got CS3, and have no need for CS2 anymore.

iMac G5 20" (ALS), Mac OS X (10.4.10), 2.0 GHz, 500 GB hard drive, 2 GB DDR SDRAM

Posted on Jul 4, 2007 5:30 PM

6 replies

Jul 4, 2007 6:01 PM in response to mywhitenoise

One thing that I forgot to mention , open CS2 go Help and scroll down to Activation Transfer and deactivate CS2 on that computer. Just follow the instruction there.
Yes there will be some remain files that will remain in the Adobe Application support folder but they are very small.

Joe

Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz Mac OS X (10.4.10) Users (RAID 0), PM G4 (10.3.9, PM 6500 (10.2.8)

Jul 4, 2007 8:03 PM in response to mywhitenoise

Kurt, thanks for Technote link I also found this one also.

Mac OS removal process

The removal process for Mac OS is not automatic as it is with Windows. You can remove Photoshop CS2 by dragging the following folders to the trash; however, Photoshop CS2 installs other components, such as its Help system, Adobe Bridge, and some common files.

Delete the following Photoshop application folders and their contents:
-- Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS2
-- Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings
-- Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS2 Paths

So Mywhitenoise, in addition to the Adobe Photoshop CS2 folder you can also delete the AdobePhotoCS2 Settings and Adobe Photoshop Paths.

I would only delete those three afterward. When I installed CS2 I had all of my settings reserved, the scanner drivers, custom color settings they were all there when CS2 opened.

Joe

Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz Mac OS X (10.4.10) Users (RAID 0), PM G4 (10.3.9, PM 6500 (10.2.8)

How do I uninstall Adobe CS2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.