Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Register.com web-based email account via iPhone mail application

Hey Everybody,

Kind of an aside here. Just wanted to post some relevant info for anyone trying to access their Register.com email account via iPhone's POP3 mail application.

I spent over 4 hours with (very helpful) Register.com email folks as well as tier 1 and 2 Apple support trying to figure out this simple issue.

Contrary to the differing instructions from all parties, here's what you need to do:

1) Select POP (not IMAP as one lady told me) when setting up your mail account on the iPhone
2) Enter your name in the "name" field
3) Enter your description in that field as well

Here's where it gets tricky:
For the Incoming Mail Server...

4) For Host Name, enter "mail.yourdomainhere.com", not mail.register.com
5) Your User Name is your full email address, not just the prefix before the "@" symbol as they told me. So enter, "justin@justinbroderick.com" for example, not just "justin" as they told me
6) enter your password

Here's where they were wrong again:
For the outgoing SMTP server...

7) enter the exact same settings as you did for the incoming here. So, rather than putting webmail.register.com for the outgoing server as they instructed, put "mail.whateveryourdomainis.com"
8) again, enter all of your user name, not just the prefix for the password field

It should verify correctly. This took me 4 days of trial and error. But it works now.

I know very few people will have a register.com email account. But I wanted to save people the trouble of going through what I went through if you are an account holder.

Mac Book Pro 2.33 Core Duo w/ 2 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jul 9, 2007 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2007 11:09 PM

Thanks for your post.

I have several domains set up through Register.com

I had all the settings as you mentioned.

The problem is when I try to send email it gives me a message that outgoing server does not support cram 5. I never set it to cram 5. Even after I set it back to password. It goes to back to cram 5.

Are you having success sending through your register domain on edge and wifi?

If so, which ISP are you using for the wifi.

Thanks

Eric
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2007 11:09 PM in response to BirdEye77

Thanks for your post.

I have several domains set up through Register.com

I had all the settings as you mentioned.

The problem is when I try to send email it gives me a message that outgoing server does not support cram 5. I never set it to cram 5. Even after I set it back to password. It goes to back to cram 5.

Are you having success sending through your register domain on edge and wifi?

If so, which ISP are you using for the wifi.

Thanks

Eric

Register.com web-based email account via iPhone mail application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.