Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WPSM54G Linksys print server

I am trying to get this WPSM54G print server to work with my new macbook. It works with 2 other XP PC on the network. I have tried to get help on the linksys forums, but no luck. I have tried everything listed in this link:

http://defenestrated.typepad.com/defenestrated/2007/06/howto_configure.html

I have a Canon Pixma iP1500. I have also installed PrintFab as another recommendation to get this print server to work.

Please help!!!

Macbook Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jul 9, 2007 4:47 PM

6 replies

Jul 9, 2007 6:37 PM in response to snm320

Try using queue name P1 - often used by Linksys.

You can check what exact comm protocol is used on Windows. highlight the printer and right-click to select printer properties. Go to the advanced tab and then click on Configure port. There it will tell you LPR or raw port 9100. If it is LPR, there will be a queue name. If port 9100, there is no queue name and this equals HP Jetdirect protocol on OS X.

Jul 9, 2007 7:00 PM in response to greg sahli

Under XP, when I try to configure the port, it says "An error occurred during port configuration. This operation is not supported." Under port it is 'USB002', and description it says 'virtual printer port for USB'.

I tried using P1 for the queue name with no luck. I also tried using HP Jetdirect protocol but get the network host is busy, will retry in XX seconds.

Thanks for your help.

WPSM54G Linksys print server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.