Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to forget a wireless network?

Is there a way to "forget" a recently joined network so that your computer will not automatically log-on to it? Once when our network was down I joined an open wireless network so I would have some internet access, but all our administrative stuff is IP restricted to be accessed only from our password protected network.

I like the feature that remembers previously joined networks and automatically logs me on, so I don't want to disable that feature completely (as described here: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=2443162&#2443162 ) and I have it set to ask me before joining an open network, but since I have already agreed to join this one undesirable network once, I can't find a way to keep my laptop from joining it automatically.

Thanks for any replies.

-Lewis

15" Powerbook AL + Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.4.10), 15" AL PB 1.5GHz/1.5GB + Mac mini 1.42GHz/1GB

Posted on Jul 11, 2007 8:25 AM

2 replies

How to forget a wireless network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.