Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imported one movie without trouble...but can't import anything since

I have iMovie6 on my G4 Powerbook (Ti). I used iMovie for the first time the other day and imported an hour long vacation video...all 11 gigs. It worked flawlessly...but I decided I had bitten off a little more than I cared to chew...and edit(and hogged more of my hard drive than I wanted to), so I deleted the file. Now I'm trying to import some shorter movies...10 minutes or so....but I can't. I hook up the camera, open iMovie, and see the video on both the computer screen and the camcorder screen (Sony mini). I click "play" and it plays fine. Then I hit the spacebar to stat importing and it...starts...chopping...along...for a second or two, and then stops. It's as though I don't have enough RAM (I only have 512)...but considering I imported 11 gigs without a hiccup a day before, I can't help but believe it's related to that. Any thoughts? I'd really like to use iMovie! One clue that it has something to do with the big movie I deleted...my hard drive indicates I lost over a gig of free space after importing/delteting the file. Are there hidden files clogging things up? Thanks in advance

15" Ti G4 Powerbook Mac OS X (10.3.2)

Posted on Jul 12, 2007 2:45 PM

7 replies

Jul 12, 2007 4:24 PM in response to Maui Todd

Thanks for checking...I (think I) deleted the file
and the project. When I first started downloading
the movie my hard drive said I had 39 gigs free.
After deleleting the 11 gig project, my hard drive
says I have 37 gigs free. Is there a "project file"
somewhere other than the "movie" folder?

By default, the project should go in the 'Movie' folder. Have you done an actual shut down and restart? This should eliminate and residual temp file from the project.

Jul 12, 2007 5:00 PM in response to Maui Todd

If I do something like that, I always boot from my operating system install disc (hold down c key while restarting) and run the Disk Utility Repair Disk function to make sure the disk file structure is OK.

What version of OS-X are you running - your profile doesn't say.

See Disk Utility 10.5 Help (Mac OS X 10.4) - Testing and repairing your startup disk at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=DiskUtility/10.5/en/duh1018.html for more information.

F Shippey

Imported one movie without trouble...but can't import anything since

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.